Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Weeks 10 & 11

Not too much has changed in the last few weeks, but here's the update:

How far along?: 11 weeks
Total weight gain: Maybe a pound or two
How big is baby?: Week 10 was the size of a kumquat - whatever that is; Week 11 is a plum
Maternity clothes?: No
Sleep?: I'm sleeping but found it's hard to fall back to sleep after I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night
Best moment this week?: Getting our first baby gift from Aunt Cindy and Uncle Mark - an adorable baby robe! I can't wait to use it in 7 months :)
Movement?: According to my updates he or she is moving in there but I can't feel it.
Food cravings?: I haven't had any crazy cravings yet - or at least nothing out of the ordinary since even before I was pregnant I could always "go for something." One day during last two weeks I had a craving for Pasta Fagioli soup so I ordered it for lunch the next day. I also could have gone for a grilled chicken gyro with waffle fries or a Greek salad, although I never really was a big fry person and I can't have the feta cheese on a Greek salad. We were all ready to have that for dinner and then Rob's mom weighed in saying it wasn't healthy for the baby - although I'm not sure how grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato and pita bread is unhealthy. Either way, that killed my desire for that dish.. for now.
Food aversions: It's not a food but lately my mouthwash has made me want to gag when I use it
Labor signs?: None
Belly button in or out?: Innie
What I miss: Nothing really lately
What I'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to seeing the baby on the songoram again nexy week but also somewhat nervous for the nucheal translucency test. Fingers crossed it comes out okay.
Milestones:
- Not feeling exhausted at night - a huge step!
- Telling my bosses and HR this week.
- According to my weekly pregnancy updates, it's an exciting week for the baby:
Starting with week 11, the baby is now officially called a fetus. Your baby has continued to grow. Now almost two inches long, your little one has been engaged in some heavy acrobatics, kicking, and stretching inside your womb. Remember, even though she is getting bigger, it may be some weeks before you feel her moving around. His skin, though still paper thin and transparent, is forming a protective barrier around his body. His tiny fingers and toes have begun to separate into unique extremities, and he's also begun to open and close his fists. The first signs of where her teeth will form appear this week, as tiny tooth buds begin to pop under her gums. She may even have her first case of the hiccups, as her diaphragm begins to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment