Friday, October 12, 2012

Weeks 8 & 9

How far along?: 9 weeks and a few days :)
Total weight gain: Maybe a pound or so - not sure it fluctuates
How big is baby?: Week 8 was the size of a raspberry; Week 9 is a cherry or olive
Maternity clothes?: No
Sleep?: I'll get up once or twice a night for the bathroom and still tired early
Best moment this week?: Definitely the sonogram!
Movement?: He or she is moving in there but I can't feel it. It was sooo amazing to see the arms wiggle a bit on the sonogram
Food cravings?: During week 7/8 I had a crazy craving for a shrimp tempura roll. When I finally had it, I was surprised it wasn't as delicious as I expected. I also wanted a white cheese and spinach pizza so we got it from our local pizza place and it wasn't very good. So far my cravings aren't meeting my expectations, although Rob seems to enjoy me wanting to eat out more
Food aversions: Anything green seems to make me queasy (broccoli rabe, salad, spinach) and red peppers give me heartburn for days
Labor signs?: None
Belly button in or out?: Innie
What I miss: I could go for a cup of coffee or a turkey sandwich or a spicy tuna roll - none of which I can have
What I'm looking forward to: Telling my Grandma and Poppy on Saturday
Milestone: There were two this week - 1) The first sonogram: hearing the heartbeat and finally seeing our little miracle 2) Telling my grandparents they were going to have their first great grandchild :)


No comments:

Post a Comment