Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Closet Clean-Out

Over the past few weeks I've been on a cleaning rampage in the house. It all started when I saw this awesome organizational rack at Costco. It's a metal shelf on wheels with four rows, all of which came with different size plastic tubs. After ooh-ing and ahh-ing at this for a few days, I broke down and we got it since it would be perfect for our back room.

It wasn't the most exciting day of our time off, but we spent an entire afternoon cleaning out a back storage room in our house. It's crazy how much stuff you accumulate over time and we needed to seriously organize what we had in that room and just take inventory since I found we were buying things we had a lot of (thanks to buying in bulk for the past four years).

Below are a few shots of the before:



This is stuff that I moved out of the back room before taking the picture
 Now these are shots of the after:




It made such a big difference and know I know we don't need to buy cleaning supplies or paper good for the next few years!

After that project, I started cleaning out linen closets, drawers, shelves of old photos and even the kitchen pantry. I've definitely been on a cleaning spree lately and it feels great since I love having things organized :)

No comments:

Post a Comment