Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Check-in on Resolutions

Although it's only been a little over two weeks into the new year, I've already made progress on some of my 2012 resolutions. I've been much better about not texting or playing with my phone while driving; have been good with keeping in touch with family members (I even spent my whole day off helping my youngest brother, Joe, study for mid-terms); am constantly trying to straighten my posture; and have already tried out two new recipes.

Rob is always my test dummy when it comes to recipes, so I try to make something that he'll like. Lately he's been a fan of salmon, so last night I made salmon with a yogurt-dill sauce. Rob wans't a huge fan but I think it's because he's not a fan of Greek yogurt, which is what I used. He did enjoy - and devour - the homemade sesame -pecan crusted chicken tenders I made for Sunday's Giants game. I was surprised how easy they were to make, but considering how fattening they are I don't think I'll be making those too often. Then again, most of the fat came from the peanuts, which have protein, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

And, as an addendum to the resolution, I'm going to try to be better about taking pictures of the dishes I make so these posts aren't just text.

No comments:

Post a Comment