Friday, January 13, 2012

Homemade Gingerbread Cookies

Since I had time off around the holidays I decided to experiment with some new cookie recipes. I'm always up for a challenge and my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer makes preparing recipes from scratch SO much easier.

One of the recipes I embarked on was homemade gingerbread cookies. I've made a house from scratch before and I love gingersnaps, so I figured this would be a fun time and decorating could keep me busy. I was surprised at how long the gingerbread dough mix needed to sit for, but it gave me the chance to make the dough one night and then actually cut, bake and decorate the cookies the next day.

The cookies after being baked

Homemade vanilla icing

Time to make another color icing. I was shocked at how much food coloring was used just to get it to this pink color!

The finished product


After buying all of the ingredients I think it's more economical to just buy the cookies. I'm sure there are easier recipes out there, but this one worked fine. At least I had fun trying out a new recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment