Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Buster's Day "Out"

We used to let Buster roam the house when we're out but he slowly got into trouble - whether it was having accidents, playing with the rolls of toliet paper, getting into chocolate or even the laundry - so we decided to limited his access to the house.

He's fine in his cage, but I didn't think that was fair since we're gone for the day at work and he could have the whole guest room to himself. So we started closing the door and giving him the guest room, complete with a bed, lots of pillows, food, water, and nice windows to see what's going on out front. That lasted for a while and then we realized he was slowly scratching the crap out of the door and the molding. Time for the next plan: buy a baby gate.


The baby gate seemed to work well, too. He has the guest room and can't scratch the door. Works, right? Well now he learned how to jump over the gate like a horse. Last night I came home and he was waiting for me by the garage door. I'm not going lock him in the bedroom if he's going to just jump over it and possibly hurt himself. I'm running out of options with this cute little puppy.

Today brings us back to square one, giving him full roam of the house. Hopefully he doesn't blow his chances and get into trouble. I guess time I'll see when I get home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment