Friday, March 11, 2011

SBU Pride

This week was a big one in regards to alumni events. Not only did I run into a fellow St. Bonaventure grad at the PR Week Awards in New York City, but the Bonnies also played in the first round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament and I actually got to watch it on TV!

The game was pretty intense, going into double overtime as Bonaventure was tied with LaSalle almost the entire time. I actually pictured Bonas winning the game and all of the students charging the court -- similar to the excitement when I was a freshman and we beat Xavier. I could feel the pressure and loved the cheers coming from the students.. it's something you would understand if you went there and sat in the bleachers with us.

Unfortunately, SBU lost by two foul shots. It was heartbreaking. However, the energy in at the Reilly Center (which is now renamed the Bob Lanier Court), reminded me of how great it is to be a Bonnie... even though no one knows what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment