Friday, March 4, 2011

Lenten Resolutions

Each year I try to set an achieveable goal for Lent. Exercising more, not eating late, and eating healthy foods have all been up there, but this year I'm trying for a new task - no alcohol. It's not that I'm a boozehound, but a glass of wine is usually a nice way to relax especially after a long day or alongside dinner. Plus, Rob and I have a nice stash from all of the wineries we've gone to, alongside our desire to fill the large wine fridge and the racks we have around the house.

I'm thinking this no alcohol thing has a few benefits, such as saving calories, being healthier, and preparing my body for TTC. From what I've read you're supposed to limit your alcohol intake before you start trying, and this will be a great way to force myself to cut down.

I think the hardest part will be when we go on vacation with a few friends in April... and St. Patrick's Day... and a work event I have in the city, when the office will start cocktail hour at 2pm... and our friends birthday extravaganza later this month.. ugh. This will be tough. Maybe I should think of another resolution I can stick to that's a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment