Monday, February 28, 2011

What I Hate About Traffic, Part 1

I'm sure this will be a multi-part series, but I'm going to start listing out what I can't stand about other drivers and the traffic it causes. Thank goodness I don't have a long commute, but the 9 miles of highway I travel a day can be very frustrating especially when I encounter the scenarios below:

  • Trucks. I've said it before, but I think big trucks should have their own road. They slow everything down, and when they are involved in an accident it shuts down the highway. If you're going to drive on the road, at least stay in one lane instead of slowing down every lane on the road.
  • Slow people in the fast lane. Really? Going 45 in the left lane on a major highway isn't cool. I'm not saying I'm going over the speed limit, but if you see a whole procession of cars behind you, chances are you're holding them up. Stay to the right, please.
  • Weather. Unless you are a crazy driver, chance are going over 10 miles per hour on the highway won't kill you, whether there's a light drizzle hours before or the glare of the sun causes people to stop on the road. If you're cautious, please see the second bullet above, and stay to the right of the road.
  • Merging. On this one part of the highway where two roads merge, everything slows down and it backs up my commute for miles. The funny part is that when the roads merge there are still separate lanes. Do people just panic when they see more cars? Didn't you learn how to merge in drivers ed?

What are your pet peeves about driving?

No comments:

Post a Comment