Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

Today would have been Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday. Back in 5th grade I became a fan of her famous TV show, "I Love Lucy." Every night, I'd religiously tune into Nick-at-Nite to watch "I Dream of Jeannie" at 8pm and then Lucy at 9. (Depending on the episode -- and which actor was playing Darren -- sometimes I'd watch "Bewitched" in between.) Block Party Summer was the best because it would be hours of "I Love Lucy" for Lucy Tuesdays and I'd be able to catch up on my favorite episodes during this weekly marathon that lasted the entire summer.

Like millions of Americans, I fell in love with Lucy. Her antics kept me and my friend, Michele, entertained for hours as kids. Nowadays I can't help but still watch at least a few minutes if I catch it on TV. Thanks for the laughs and the wonderful memories, Lucy. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment