Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Day at Arrowhead Lake

It's only Sunday morning but Buster has had quite a memorable and exciting family weekend so far.

On Friday night we drove out to PA to spend some time with my brother, Joe, and my Mom out at my grandparents vacation house at Arrowhead Lake in the Poconos. On the way out we had to stop at the Crossings Outlets so Rob can pick up some new things for his upcoming business trip. This shopping spree gave Buster the opportunity to go into the Ralph Lauren Polo Store, which was one of his many first for the weekend.

By the time we made it out to the house it was late, so we hung out with some pizza and movies. Saturday morning we were bright eyed and bushy-tailed for an exciting day out. Although the weather wasn't as sunny and warm as the weathermen suggested, we took Buster for a very long walk (it was more than 3 miles, and boy was he beat!), had a delicious lunch, and then went out to the lake to attempt row-boating. I'm sad that Rob missed our boating experience (he was taking a nap) because me, my mom, brother and Buster were all piled in to a row boat and hysterically laughing as we tried to figure out how to operate it. Yes, it may look easy, but for the first few minutes we just went in circles or in the opposite direction of where we wanted to go. After 20 minutes and barely getting out of the loading zone we decided to trade it in for a paddle boat. The paddle boat was only built for two people so my mom hung out with Buster on land while Joe and I took the boat out on the lake. While it seemed like a great idea, I was pretty beat after an hour of paddling around. Good thing I had my stronger, younger brother to keep us moving :)

On the way back to the loading area we decided to pick up Buster off the dock and let him ride back to the boating area with us on the paddle boat - which he absolutely loved! To top off his day Buster had a very special homemade dinner. I'd say it was a successful day of "firsts" for our little puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment