Thursday, August 4, 2011

Age is Relative...?

Today I found out a page on WebMD.com with information on how to calculate your dog's age. Since I'm a) not good at math and b) never know the accurate multiplication rate to figure out dog years, this was perfect. While it's sad to see that Buster is in his mid-40s, it's actually not as old as I originally thought. Considering how much he's slowed down so much this last year, I would have guessed mid-50s. I guess I can just say that he's a "mature" puppy!

When I mentioned this to Rob, I actually had to question how old we'll be. I comprehend that we're 28, but I cannot believe for the life of me that we're going to be 29 in six months. That means in 18 months we'll be the big 3-0. Eeekkkkk!! I guess it's good that I still feel like I'm in my early-mid 20s most days (the other days are when I'm exhausted from work). However, it's still hard to think I'll be 29 and my life really hasn't changed that much since my last milestone birthday, 25, which was right after we got married.

I think if I can shoot for one positive, major life changing moment every 5 years or so, it will at least make me feel like I accomplished something. Who knows what I'll be able to accomplish in the next 18 months, but as long as it's something positive I don't think I'll really mind. After all, isn't age just relative?

No comments:

Post a Comment