Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Date Night 2010

"Date Night 2010" is what Rob calls our Tuesday movie nights. I know Tuesdays sound like a random day to go to the movies, but weekends are usually too busy for us to take time out for a movie and as part of Cablevision's Optimum Rewards we get two free tickets on Tuesday nights which works out well.

Since Rob started his new job a few months ago he's been getting home late at night and our date nights seem to be few and far between. Instead of staying home by myself I usually go to the movies with a good group of friends in our community. It's fun and we have a great time, but it's not the same without Rob. It's the little things like holding his hand, leaning on his arm, and the way he makes me laugh that makes movie nights special for me. So this afternoon he surprised me by saying he was able to get out at a decent time and could come to the movies with us. While I knew he probably wouldn't like the movie we chose to see I was still excited since it meant "Date Night 2010" for us.

Some people say movies aren't an ideal date night since you can't talk to each other. While I agree the chit chat is missing, sometimes it's nice to just be together and hold hands during a movie... like we're teenagers on a first date.

No comments:

Post a Comment