Sunday, December 9, 2012

We have a mover.. Weeks 16 & 17 Update

Weeks 16 & 17
How far along?: Today is my last day at 17 weeks. Tomorrow marks 18 weeks - and two weeks until our next sonogram!

Total weight gain: Between 5-6 pounds.. slow and steady

How big is baby?: Week 16 - Advocado, Week 17 - Onion

Sleep?: Yes but my back is starting to hurt in the middle of the night

Best moments?: Feeling the Bambino start to move :)

Movement?: Yes!! I'm pretty sure I first felt the baby move in between week 15 and 16. It was actually on Thanksgiving Day as I was laying in bed. It felt like a little piece of popcorn popping. Since then, the baby has definitely gotten more active and for the first time tonight - Dec. 9 - Rob got to feel a kick. It's hard to concentrate on anything else once I feel the first one since I'm patiently waiting for the next kick/punch to come

Other symptoms: The last few days I've been getting heartburn on and off, with it actually waking me up in the middle of the night. The more annoying symptom is "pregnancy brain." I am definitely forgetting a lot more these days, like misplacing my cell phone or going to a different floor/room for something and forgetting what I needed to get. I always prided myself on being organized and now I feel like I'm loosing brain cells by the minute. Hopefully that means the baby will be a smart cookie!

Food cravings?: It's not really a craving but I enjoy orange juice (no pulp) or a cold glass of milk

Food aversions: Although food doesn't turn my stomach for some reason a particular mouthwash makes me feel sick

Labor signs?: None

Belly button in or out?: Innie

What I miss: Nothing really.. maybe a turkey sandwich or cup of coffee but not like crazy

Milestones: Besides feeling the baby move, last weekend I bought my first pairs of maternity pants. I'm officially short and fat... a size small petite in maternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment