Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gender Predictors

Being that I'm nearly 20 weeks and we go for our big ultrasound on Monday, Dec. 24 (yay!) I figured I'd do some little predictors before to see how this pans out for boy vs. girl:

  • The Lunar Chinese Gender Precdictor, which calculates my age and time of conception, says girl
  • The other Chinese Gender Predictor on The Bump which uses my actual age rather than some Chinese age chart says boy
  • Madam Z's Birth Predictor, which asks a lot of very random questions, said: "The day you deliver, outside will be cold. Your baby will arrive in the late evening. After a labor lasting approximately 16 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 10 pounds, 11 ounces, and will be 17 inches long. This child will have dark violet eyes and a little patch of brown hair." - First off, if it's that cold in May, that stinks. Second, a nearly 11-pounder? I know I keep saying all I want is a healthy baby but ouch, that's like a toddler!
  • The Old Wives Tale Boy or Girl quiz said boy

It's a boy if:You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy 
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute (The last few dopplers have been pretty steady around 155-ish)
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball (Too early to answer, but its definitely in front so far so maybe a deflated basketball?)
You are carrying low 

You are craving salty or sour foods (Nope!)
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese (yes!)
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy (This one is iffy since they've always been pretty cold)
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy (n/a - I'm Italian.. enough said.)
Your hands are very dry (n/a - I've always moisturized a lot especially since it's winter)
Your pillow faces north when you sleep (don't really have a compass handy to tell..)
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you (not sure..)
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever (I think I look about the same)
Your nose is spreading (No I don't think so)
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles haven't tried this)
You are having headaches (just a few, I think more in the first trimester, but nothing crazy)
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number - no

It's a girl if: 

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair develops red highlights

You are carrying high (Too early to tell)
Your belly looks like a watermelon (Too early to tell)
You are craving sweets (I'm surprised definitely not!)
You are craving fruit (yes!)
You crave orange juice (yep, but more so milk than OJ)
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy (I think I look the same)
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy (I was moody? lol)
Your face breaks out more than usual (Since getting off the pill I've always had bad skin)

You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread (no)
Your pillow faces south when you sleep (again, no compass so n/a)
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number - yes


So that's 3 quizzes that predict boy and 2 for girl. I'm guessing 60-40 boy, so we'll see what Monday tells us!

No comments:

Post a Comment