Saturday, December 11, 2010

This is why I need a job

Coming into December, I had 9 vacation days to use before the end of the year. My company has use it or lose it policy, so I had to take the days. After two days off last week, my house was completely decorated, Christmas shopping was done, and presents were wrapped. Running out of things to do, I decided to try some new recipes. Yesterday, I tackled the following (all of which were homemade):

- Key lime pie
- Chocolate fudge with crushed candy canes
- Double chocolate chip biscotti
- Huge tray of baked ziti (using my homemade sauce, complete with basil from my garden)
- Cranberry pumpkin bread
- 2 tier double chocolate cake with white icing and crushed candy canes
- Dog treats (yes, for Buster)

Buster LOVED the treats, and since I made so many I put together little "doggie bags" for his pet friends. We have a holiday party to go to tonight and then are having some friends over to watch the Giants game on Sunday, so the food won't go to waste.

Today, I still have to make:
- Reuben dip appetizer
- French onion soup
- Turkey meatballs
- I bought a brie wheel, so I have to make something with that, too. I have two recipes that I have to decide between.

My mother-in-law surprised me and came over to hang out on Friday afternoon, and ended up watching me cook the entire time. She probably thought I was crazy, but funny enough at the end of the day when I checked my email, this was my horoscope:
"You've got twice as much energy as usual, so get ready to take on some big, wild, fun projects at home or at work. You may inspire others to join in, or at least to watch you at your very best."

Hopefully by Monday I'll be all baked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment