Monday, December 13, 2010

Admitting an OCD

Last weekend we had a great group of people over - our Recreation Committee. After a lot of hard work this past year, we decided to kick back and actually plan an event for ourselves. We had food catered, so it was just a matter of set up at our house, which is where the party was going to be held. We had a great time, and plenty of delicious food. We even did a little gift swap to make sure we were in the holiday swing.

Then this past weekend we had some people over to watch the Giants game (but the Giants got snowed out, so we watched the Jets game which no one really cared about). While it would have been easy to cancel, I already had all of the food cooked from my ambitious day on Friday. Plus, our friend Scott just got out of the hospital after two long weeks so I was hoping getting a few of us together would help lift his spirits and take his mind off of things.

While we had great times at both of the parties we hosted these past two weekends, the moral of this blog post is to admit my OCD with cleaning my house following a party. I always joke around with my grandmother that we are so similar - we hate to go to bed with the house being a mess, especially after having people over. To us, it's so much easier to wake up and have the house be back to normal, rather than waking up to a mess or stuff to put away. I'd say it drives Rob nuts, but he's usually asleep before I even take the vacuum out.

No comments:

Post a Comment