Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Trip to the American Girl Store

Rob totally surprised me when he suggested stopping by the American Girl Store, located on Fifth Ave and 49th Street, when we were in New York. I had an American Girl doll as a kid, so I did not turn down the chance to go see the new accessories you could by in this mega store.

Although I've heard great things about the store, I could not believe how much it had to offer. Hospital admissions, dining with your doll, a hair salon, ear piercing (yes, for your doll), and so much more. I was even impressed by the bathroom, which has a holder for your doll:


They have the new dolls - which you can get to look like you - along with the a wide array of clothes and accessories. They even have a historic section, which is where I expected my doll, Samantha, to be. Imagine my disappointment when they told me she was moved to the archives a few years ago!! On the up side, I still have her in great condition and she's a collectors item. On the down side, I'm so old that my doll has retired. Great.

If anything, I'll save Samantha for my little girl so I can share these special moments with her. I would highly recommend a trip to these stores if you have a little girl, or if you are a little girl at heart.

1 comment:

  1. Those doll holders in the bathroom really crack me up.

    ReplyDelete