Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review of "Elf" The Musical


As part of our anniversary evening in the city, we saw the musical "Elf." Although I was somewhat nervous seeing something that had a movie version, I was pleasantly surprised with the singing, costumes and choreography of this play, which is only in town for a special 9 week engagement.

The cast was fabulous, and I was so excited when reading the Playbill that Norm from the hit show "Cheers" played Santa. He was hilarious, and this show did a very good job of recapping the movie while putting that Broadway spin on it.

It's shows like these that make you appreciate the fine acting and singing that is found on Broadway. My only issue was how expensive tickets were. At least we had great seats - 5th row from the stage!

Below are a few shots to give you an idea of the show. I was so excited when it started 'snowing' on the crowd that I had to capture that magical moment. Don't worry, no flash disturbed the show.



We give it two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment