Sunday, November 14, 2010

My love/hate relationship with Sundays

I have a love/hate relationship with Sunday nights. I hate it because it means the end to the weekend and the beginning of another week of work. On the other side, I love Sundays because it's the main night of the week when I carve time out for my two TV shows - Desperate Housewives, and then Brothers & Sisters. I won't get into the shows, though. I missed most of them tonight because I was making an apple pie, ironing and sewing buttons - that sounds pretty domesticated! haha

Sundays are also a great time to sit back and think about the weekend. In retrospect, this was a pretty awesome one:

Friday night - Mix and Mingle at the Clubhouse. Although a quiet night at home would have been nice, I got to meet a few new faces which is always fun.
Saturday morning - I hung out with one of my best friends, Michele. I haven't seen Shelly in months and Saturday we had a great time shopping, eating, catching up, and watching one of our favorite shows growing up, "I Dream of Jeannie." We also made plans for our 30th birthdays. I know we're planning a few years in advance, but we're excited and it makes the big 3-0 less intimidating.
Saturday night - Went to a Tricky Tray with my other friend, Jackie. Although I didn't walk away with anything, she won an awesome designer bookshelf that's worth around $500!
Sunday morning - Although I wanted to attend Church, my niece wanted to have a surprise playdate. Rob's family stayed for lunch and a few more hours of playtime before heading home for the afternoon naps. Since it was so beautiful out, I took Buster for a run outside. I swear, I think this dog smiles when he runs - he really seems to enjoy it! When we were out and about we ran into two of his friends, Cookie and Vanilla, which I'm sure was an added bonus for him.
Sunday afternoon - My cousin, Eddie, is in 8th grade and is on the school football team, so we went to watch his playoff game. We got there right in time to watch both cheerleading teams do their halftime routines, which was an added bonus. I LOVED watching that! One day I hope to have a little girl that wants to cheer so I can coach or be that crazy sideline mom rooting them on. After the game we went to Pub 199 - this great place by our house where you can get clams and fresh lobsters for like $20! Although Dominick wasn't there (sorry bud) we went with my dad, brother, sister and cousins, and then they all came back to my house for dessert.

That brings me to tonight. My tummy is full from clams and lobster dinner - and now a delicious apple pie. To top it off, I had a great weekend with family and friends. Weekends like this start to put me in the holiday spirit - I'm really thankful for everyone in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment