Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My First Flat

As a lover of high heels, I wish I could say this post was about my first pair of flat shoes. But alas, it's about my first flat tire, which I got the day before we were supposed to leave for our trip to Florida. Luckily, Rob came to my rescue to put on the donut and drive me to Firestone where they fixed it.


Among his many comments that day, he asked how I didn't know I was riding on a flat. Here's my reasoning:
  1. This was my first flat tire. I didn't know what it was supposed to feel like but I knew something was wrong so I made an appointment at the dealership for the first available appointment - that Saturday 
  2. I don't walk around the car and check my tires
  3. Taking care of the cars is supposed to be Rob's responsibility (I can get away with that one since I have been good about making his favorite foods lately, including rice balls and onion rolls)
  4. We were going on five days with a black-out and getting ready for a trip. I had more on my mind than checking my tires
  5. I clearly need to review my owner's manual. I had a light go on in my car, and naturally I thought it was my check engine light so I called the dealership for an appointment. At least now I know what the tire light is supposed to look like, which is clearly nothing like the check engine light.
I'm chalking this up as a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment