Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Chubby Wubby

Buster has several nicknames, one of which is Chubby Wubby. I'm not exactly sure how he got it, but I'm guessing it came about when he's fluffy he looks a little chubby.

Either way, we had to take our little Chubby Wubby to the vet on Saturday for his annual exam and shots and found out he lives up to his nickname. My poor little guy gained three pounds this year! And considering he was on the slightly heavier side last year, that's not good. The vet said that based on his body proportions that's the equivalent of us gaining 50 pounds. Ouch!

So effective immediately, Buster is getting barely one treat per day, absolutely no people food, and is getting in more walks per day even if it kills us in the process. I don't think he likes his health kick so much, but considering what a hard time I'm having with him turning 7 and being about midway through his life expectancy, I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my little buddy back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment