Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cuddle Time

I know there was a recent study which said you're not supposed to have dogs sleep on the bed with you. However, Buster isn't just any dog so I don't let it apply to us. Plus, he's always pretty clean and receives a bath at least once every two weeks and gets wiped down after he's out for a walk.

It's funny how Buster has a predictable routine of where he likes to go throughout the night. On a typical evening, he starts up at the top by us, moves to the foot of the bed, and then eventually hits the floor for a while before coming back on the bed. Once Rob gets up for work he moves over to his side until I'm up and begin making the bed. That's when he heads to the hall so I don't disturb him while I'm getting ready. He is SO not a morning dog.

Part of his routine is cuddle time with me. Usually Rob and Buster are asleep by the time I get into bed, but when I lay down I pat my left side and he comes up for a few minutes to cuddle. You can tell he can only take so much - especially now that his hair is growing in a little more and he's warmer - since he usually only spends a few minutes in my arms before getting up and going back to the end of the bed. Even though it's only a few minutes, it's always a great way to end the day and one of the many things I love about our Buster bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment