Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bucket List: Bathsheba in Barbados

When I was a kid I saw an ad for Barbados in a magazine. I thought the picture was so pretty and put the picture on my closet wall, vowing that one day I would go to this island to see the neat rock formation they included in their ad. So when we started planning a vacation a few months ago and narrowed it down to a cruise, the only itineraries I looked at had to include a stop in Barbados.

On Thursday, April 14, we arrived in port and of course the excursion we booked included a trip to Bathsheba - the rock formation I saw years ago in the magazine. I was so excited - this was one of the few things I actually had on a "bucket list" as a kid and I was going to be able to check it off.


As far as I recall, I think the photo in the ad looked like the above shot (although I'm sure the sun was out a little more for their photo shoot). Below is another pretty shot of Bathsheba, which is on the eastern most part of the island. After this, the next stop is Africa!


I came, I saw, I conquered.

No comments:

Post a Comment