Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Football

Rob and I went to the NY Giants/Detroit Lions football game today. The New Meadowlands Stadium was awesome, especially considering Rob was able to get tickets to the club level. The views were great but I have to say the food was much better that the regular levels. While they had your your typical pizza, hot dogs and beer, the club level had sirloin steak in the steak sandwiches, half a dozen varieties of deluxe hot dog options, sushi stations, martini bars, hard liquor stations, a deli - complete with the Kosher side - and so much more. Not to mention the cushioned seats and the option to view the game from the inside seating areas, which will be perfect for those extra cold days!






I had a fun time at the game but more so because I know Rob really enjoys it. However, spending the afternoon outside watching football reminded me of the Saturday afternoons I spent in high school cheering on the Bayley-Ellard Bishops. I guess I'll always be a cheerleader at heart too, because when the crowd would yell "Defense" or say "1st and 10" I would have flashbacks to the cheers I used to do. As exciting as it is to go to NFL games, part of me will always miss those days of high school football games.

No comments:

Post a Comment