Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"But it's a Dog..."

There's a running joke with my family that Buster is "just a dog." Of course, they also love him like he's the baby of the family.. which of course he is.

The joke started back around the holidays when people were showing off pictures of their kids. Of course I love the little babies that were proudly showcased by their folks, but I decided to have fun and bring out some pictures of Buster -- only to my grandmother and great aunt so I didn't seem like a total loon. My grandmother loves Buster but my aunt definitely isn't a pet fan, so when she saw the pictures of Buster her immediate reaction was "but it's a dog?" Yes, he is, but then I flipped to the next picture to point out how cute he is in the other shot and then proceeded to tell her about something funny he did earlier that day.

When I saw this post on Facebook I had to share it because it explains perfectly how a dog is so much more than that to us and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment